B.S. Respiratory Care @ Loma Linda University..

Has anyone done this program/considered/know someone that has done it? I'm thinking about going for the program. It's a bit pricey, but I'm hoping my living expenses would be minimal as I could probably live at home while attending this program as the campus is ~ 45 minutes away from me. But, I can't find any information from people inside the program, or that have been in it. Any insight would be perfect..

Thanks in advance.

Hi Nazmar, Loma Linda has an open house every year. I suggest you attend. The date is Jan 24,2014. I completed the Post Prof BS degree @LLU. First I would volueenteer to decide if Resp Care is  something you would like to do (or use as your bridge to PA). You can also visit the website and the campus.

As a practicing Registered Respiratory Therapist, definitely shadow an RT before you decide you want to go into the field.  

California is also pretty saturated, in most areas, as far as hiring goes. There are numerous programs in the state, from community colleges and universities to for-profits like Concorde, and the market gets flooded every year.

It's not uncommon to hear of new California grads looking in other Western states or even as far as Florida for their first job.

Respiratory Care/Therapy is a good field and it can be rewarding; I know several PAs who were RRTs before they went back to school and they've told me they felt the experience they had was useful once they got into clinics.

Archived