Reasonable raise?

I'm coming up on a year working in facial plastic surgery at a teaching hospital in NE.  I'm wondering how to handle asking for a raise at my one year review.  This is really my dream job in terms of hours (m-f, no call, no weekends), specialty, and location, so when I took the job as a new grad 10 months ago, I wasn't too greedy with salary.  Now that I'm more seasoned, I want a significant raise to reflect my experience.  Problem is, this is a teaching hospital, and we're supposedly locked in at a maximum of 3% pay increase annually.  I don't think this increase is enough to reflect my increased worth to the practice.

How has everyone else handled raises, especially one year out?  As a new grad, you don’t have many marketable skills, and I feel like your worth as a PA goes up dramatically (definitely more than 3%) after one year.  I know AAPA has a salary report that I was hoping to reference during my review, to show what PAs of my experience and in our specialty make, but it hasn't been updated since 2010.  Any news that it might be updated soon?

For reference, my current salary is 85k.  Four weeks paid vacation, 9 paid holidays, ample CME allowance.  I am the first and only PA at this practice of three surgeons, so there is little precedent to go by in terms of salary.  I love my job, but I'd like to be making about 10k more, and I don’t think that’s unreasonable. 

I’d love to hear any thoughts/input. 

Sounds like a great first job. Im conservative and would probaly approach the discussion as a "monthly" raise as it sounds like less. $300-500 mos is a decent raise. That would be 4-6k which might be a little much. Ive seen other posters mention 3-4 k for a first year raise. Think about how long you want to be there, what you know is the averge salary for top your field and divide. Even cost of living raise would get you around 3k. Just my two cents. There are some really wise posters here w lots of info.

Archived