Class of 2016

Hello everyone,

First of all, congratulations to those who got accepted for class 2016. I just wanted to start a thread for people who got offered a seat this year. Maybe we can share good information about housing, financial aid, or just get to know each other before class starts. I interviewed on Nov 4th, in case anyone in my group got an acceptance as well.

Looking forward to meeting you all in the fall. 

npeter7,

The interview was not bad at all. You will have a one on one interview, an essay, and a group discussion. For the interview, you should have a well thought out explanation on any weaknesses that was shown on your application. They will not only ask you about that, but will probably be part of you essay. However, the essay is specific to you, so it can be about anything in your application as well. The group discussion is about two scenarios with very strong moral conflicts. I would recommend to look at them objectively and listen carefully to what the panel interjects too.

Best of Luck

Excellent recap kkmui!  The scenarios definitely test the groups ethical and moral compass.  Be articulate and honest.  My experience in the one on one was relaxed at first but turned intense quickly.  This staff has done their homework on what to ask and how to draw out the information they need.  Good Luck! Essay - take a pencil and eraser, no shame in old school.

You both gave good re-caps. 

npeter7, 

the entire interview day is pretty relaxed. The essay is something about you or your application, so don't stress too much about that. 

For the group session, make sure to listen to both the other group members and the panel; You are supposed to be discussing with the group, so (as hard as it is) talk with the group, not to the panel - they'll interrupt or redirect if necessary. 

And for the individual interview, just be yourself. They want to get to know you and make sure you are a good fit for their program. With that said, make sure you are prepared to answer the standard interview questions and be confident in yourself. 

hope this helps and best of luck next week!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived