Interview tips/Freshman 5 year progs

Is there any difference in interview preparation, questions, expectations, dress, etc. between those interviewing for grad seats as post-bac applicants and high-school seniors conditionally accepted into 5 or 6 year programs as freshmen who must interview to be fully accepted?

Currently preparing to interview as HS senior accepted at DeSales and Lock Haven 3+2 programs. Also applied to Arcadia, King's, Drexel, PhilaU, Duquesne.

Thanks a million. What a great forum and helpful bunch!

We have learned a great deal through the interview tips on these forums.  What a godsend.  Thank you to all who have generously contributed and are helping others along.

Not sure if the interview tips apply more to seasoned, experienced applicants entering the grad portion of PA school or if the undergrad interviews are just as intense.  Sorry if I posted in the wrong area.  It seems most of the posters are not undergrads so I'm not sure how much of the experience is the same for both types of applicants.

As of now, we're treating the undergrad pre-PA 3+2 interview like the one for PA school.

Thanks again, all for an amazing resource!

I would definitely wear a conservative suit, even though you're in high school you're being evaluated for a graduate program just a few years in advance, so you should look the part. Unfortunately I have no idea what the difference in questions will be besides the fact that you obviously won't be asked about real work experience. However maybe think about what you could do to gain experience while you're in the undergrad part and know the schools requirements for hce for people in these 5 year programs. Read up on issues in healthcare, be knowledgable about the ACA and know for SURE why you want to be a PA, and why you want to go to x school. I hope this helps and good luck! Feel free to PM me if you want.

Archived