PLEASE HELP TO UNDERSTAND A CONTRACT

Please help to understand this part of a contract:

"The P.A. agrees to work the hours as determined by (company name); however, the P.A. is to work no less than a minimum of 35 hours per work, and she is submit Exception to Hours Worked Sheets and all appropriate documentation as required by (company name); Failure to do so constitutes a serious breach of this Contract. Upon retirement, resignation, or termination, the P.A. is required to complete all medical documentation as required by (company name); and return them to (company name); prior to receiving final compensation. She is to insure that all documentation to the medical records as required by her supervising physician is made relating to any patients seen by her during the term of this agreement. Any and all records that the P.A. has, including but not limited to, Exception to Hours Worked Sheets and medical records, etc., are the property of (company name)."

Is this mean that for the base pay the company wants the P.A. is to work minimum of 35 hours per week, but limitless maximum hours?

Do I have to ask the company to state in the contract how many exact hours is determined by company for the P.A. to work per week for the base pay?

Thank you very much for the help.

• 1 month later...

You could look up your state laws re: maximum hrs worked. I'm in MI - employer has to pay OT for anything over 40 hrs/ wk. however, I have worked a 14 hr day - no lunch, no break, no voiding...& NO OT... Because total hrs for wk was < 40.

Pay for a lawyer. Well worth the $. I guarantee your employer had a lawyer draw up this contract.

Archived