Looking for advice

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and am looking for advice. I hold two associates degrees. One in criminal justice and one in respiratory therapy. I have been a practicing RT for over three years now. I am 28 and am aiming for PA. I am currently enrolled in an accelerated program in order to finish my BA. I will still have to go back and retake prereqs after I finish the degree. I guess I'm just looking for any advice on the quickest way I can reach my goal. Any tips? Is anyone still pursuing bachelor's programs for PA and stopping there? Will they be around in five years still? Thanks!

Another good tip is, try to complete some of the pre-reqs at a local community college. PA schools don't really discriminate students based on where they complete their pre-reqs, just that you've finished them with reasonably good grades (think B's and higher). I'd suggest focusing on schools that prefer students with lengthy healthcare experience, due to your background. Though to be honest, getting accepted to almost any PA school is challenging already. I'd be happy if any school gives an acceptance.

Don't worry too much on getting a Masters. Only two states require it (Mississippi and Ohio). Even if the state wherein you practice requires a Master's degree later, you can just be grandfather-ed in, and still practice with full licensure.

Archived