Odds of getting in?

I envision TBI work to be really emotionally draining. The struggles our returning Vets are having pain me to the core due to feeling overall helpless. I wish you the best in your endeavors in neurology and really hope you can make a difference.

It is pretty draining mentally and physically.... some of these guys are pretty big and very difficult to help transfer en route to doctor appointments and the like. The worst part (specially after working there for a long time) is seeing patients make big improvements.... only to have an accident that results in another TBI.... or patients that never had a TBI but a encephalitis.... and watching them degenerate. We have had a patient with Rasmussen's encephalitis.... talk about an awful disease.... very sad to watch a person that seems to be normal, slowly cripple mentally and physically over a couple of years. All that you can do is try to slow the process down :/

• 2 months later...

Update: Thanks everyone for helping me keep my head on straight. I would like to announce that I got an interview for the first school that I applied to (University of Kentucky). I just found out yesterday that I will be a member of the incoming class starting in January. Thanks for letting me know that it was possible and keeping my dreams alive. Good luck everyone!

-Zach

Archived