CASPA Confusion

1st Post...

Q: My undergraduate institution granted me the forgiveness policy on two of my repeated courses and they were not calculated into my GPA. Why are they now calculated into my CASPA GPA?

A: CASPA will calculate both the original course and the repeated course grades in your GPA. Check with specific programs for their individual policy on repeated courses. Some programs may recalculate the GPA using only the most recent course grade. Some programs may continue to use both grades in the calculation.

According to the question portion above of the CASPA site, does CASPA calculate your GPA based on the retake course if the "specific program" allows repeated course grade? I rceived 3 Failing grades dude to medical circumstance in my early 20's, and was unaware of the college's retospective withdrawal option until this year. I would like to know if I retake the courses and get a better grade (considering this school does replace old grade with new), will CASPA still record my failing grades regardeless? Just curious becasue since i have been back to school I have done wonderful. Thank you to all those who respond...

Archived