What are my chances?

Hey!

So after reading through the other threads on other applicant's chances, I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on what my chances are to getting into the MEDEX program for the bachelor degree route. Here is some basic info on myself. I am 22, I am from washington area. I have an associates in arts (transfer degree) from a community college. I looked and I have all the prerequisites done for the PA program. My GPA is a 3.79. I am also currently in a nursing program (RN associates). I have completed my first year and will finish up my second year upcoming in this fall. I have about 1500 hours working as a CNA at a assisted living retirement home and about 2500 hours as a CNA working at a hospital, which is where I currently work at. My volunteer hours are slim, because I've been a busy nursing student/ working part time. I do have about 100 hours from when I was 17. and I am currently starting to volunteer again since its the summer time. Basically I reached all the bare minimum requirements for the PA program. Would it be a waste of time to apply for this fall? I figured if it didn't happen, I would just work as a RN for a couple years and apply for the PA program then? Or maybe pursue a master's nursing degree?

Any insight would be helpful!!

Thanks,

Linna

• 4 weeks later...

i can tell you one absolute number that will not change.

You have zero chance of getting in if you don't apply. If you meet the reqs, submit. Even if you don't get in, you learn the process and MEDEX has a history of taking re applicants. Not all of them mind you, but it is not negative on your application. Some of my classmates were 3rd time applicants

Archived