Did you have any C's when you applied?

Quick and simple question if anyone would take the time to answer.

Did you have any C's when you applied, if so, how many and in what class? I have a C+ in molecular genetics. My overall GPA is about a 3.7 and my science a 3.45. Will this seriously hinder my chances of getting in? I have a year of research experience and three years experience as a patient care technician. Otherwise I am an A+, A and B+ student.

I had a C in Microbiology, a C+ in general bio II (complete bs, should have taken a diff professor w/e), a C in pathophysiology, and a C in pharmacology. I retook pathophys for my second application cycle (got an A). I think my C in micro definitely hindered me from a lot of acceptances - it just brought down my science and prereq gpas way too much. I wish I had retaken it. If I hadn't gotten into a school I would be retaking it in January.

Chillax, man. A C is not the end of the world. Like the other poster said, just be prepared to explain that small hiccup during your interview. The people on the other side of the interview are human beings as well and will understand a reasonable story.

Absolutely..and the people on the other side of the interview also know that you probably have a few more C's waiting for you if you are granted a seat in their program.

I earned a C+ in Biochem as an undergrad, from the WORST professor I have ever had. He was the head of the department and a pompous a$$. That said, I wasn't asked about it once in all of my interviews. I also earned a B- in Gen Chem II. Together, they were my two lowest grades in college. Fortunately, all of my other grades at least made up for those two, as well as the balance of my application package as a whole.

Archived