2013-2014 App Cycle for Cornell

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I was just wondering how long the process is for everyone who already interviewed. I put my application in August. They didn't email me till yesterday September 24th that they received my application. How long did it take to get a supplemental application? And after submitting that how long did it take to get an interview date? Thanks

CASPA Verified: 7/29/2013

Application Received: 8/23/2013

Supplemental supplied (to me): 9/9/2013

Supplemental received (by Cornell): 9/16/2013

Interview offer: Today! 9/26/2013

Did anyone stay in a hotel? My closest friends/relatives are in New Haven, CT... that's kind of far to commute the morning of. 

I'm waiting for the welcome package as well @cfinefrock. I called last week to confirm that they have received my acceptance letter, so I think they have already received the acceptance letters that were due on October 1st.  But looking at my bank account, they didn't deposit the check yet. I'll keep you posted on when I receive the welcome package!

The interview starts off with an essay (it's easy) and then some people do a group interview with fellow interviewees and current students and the others do individual interviews and then you switch. Pretty standard questions and everyone was really nice. It's a long day starting at 9 and ending at 330/4. Bring comfortable walking shoes for the tour.  

Just as a heads up, you wont recieve a "welcome packet" really. Slowly but surely Alexis will begin to email you student health information and forms to fill out but that wont be for a while. Closer to March once you have a facebook group going the current students will answer most of your questions but don't expect a lot fo answers from the program itself. Honestly we will be your best resource. Once you get here we will have a student run orientation where we give you an "underground guide to Cornell". I know everyone who has been accepted is anxious but the key to this program is patience. Also they may not process your deposit until you get here so keep that $500 in your bank account.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived