LOR trouble, please help!!

Hi all! I am getting very anxious as I am still waiting on an LOR. I have two: one from my microbiology professor and parasitology professor. I shadowed this PA four times and he agreed to write me a letter. Entered him into CASPA on May 31st!! Nothing after three weeks so I e-mailed him mid-June saying I needed the letter by July 15. he said he would make a point to have it done by then but I am getting nervous because his reference is still entered as "new not received" on CASPA meaning he hasn't even logged in yet. Should I be worried or am I just freaking out? The sooner I get my apps in the better and it's all clear on my end, just waiting for him!

I was thinking of e-mailing him on the 12th if it is not in yet...i read in my PA school book that it is acceptable to write your own letter and submit it to your reference for acceptance. Then they can upload it. I was going to ask him on the 12th if he wanted me to do that as I know he is busy with patients, surgeries, on call etc.

Any advice? Should I just be patient and wait it out?

I was in a similar situation and I sent a "reminder" E-mail to my reference. She completed the LOR the next day. I recommend sending another E-mail. You can E-submit your CASPA even with the LOR pending; CASPA will process your application if they have your official transcripts and 2 letters of recommendation.

Archived