PA owned practices?

Guest dermpa2001

Does anyone have experience with owning a practice not associated with insurance? For example, purely aesthetic services? Does this make things easier, relatively speaking?

If you had the customer base to support it, it would make things a hell of a lot easier. Your overhead would drop dramatically. So, if you have the patients willing to come and see you and pay cash, you are in great shape.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking, to have even less overhead, about a model where I would bring my services to other providers' offices. Market to their patients. Use their office. I bring my equipment and skill. With so many non-derm docs leasing a laser these days, why would they not rather take a cut of what I sell to their patients to let someone with more experience provide the service? I don't know if this would be possible though, not only with the hurdle of being a PA owned business, but not having a physical practice location. Thoughts?

I was thinking, to have even less overhead, about a model where I would bring my services to other providers' offices. Market to their patients. Use their office. I bring my equipment and skill. With so many non-derm docs leasing a laser these days, why would they not rather take a cut of what I sell to their patients to let someone with more experience provide the service? I don't know if this would be possible though, not only with the hurdle of being a PA owned business, but not having a physical practice location. Thoughts?

I would think that all states are different. I had a very hard time with our state's quality medical assurance commission mostly because I would only see my SP a couple of times per month. But the physical address was very important to them. If you demonstrate SP supervision to meet their needs then the physical address of the business wouldn't be that important. I've known several PAs who did things like that. One, and this was 30 years ago, just did admission H and Ps and contracted with about 5 different surgeons in town, but he had to list each one as an SP and all his work was signed off by then. But a spare bedroom in his house was his business office.

Archived