Occ med position

Hi all! I am currently working in urgent care with some crossover occ med experience. A large chemical plant here has a position open and I applied an filled in application with a starting salary higher than what I make now to hopefully get a raise and as a start for negotiating. Well, initially the company told me that I had "unattainable expectations" and that I would not be interviewed. My husband works for the company and kept discussing this with shell nurse until they reconsidered and offered me a phone interview. I was them offered face to face interview and go for that in 2 weeks. Well today I got an email from a recruiter with these requests:

Can you please answer the questions below?

1) Your current base salary

2) Bonus (if applicable)

3) 2012 total compensation

4) 2013 anticipated total compensation

5) Your base salary expectation

My husband heard they are interviewing 4 people total and none of them have had more than a phone interview at this point. So I am pretty sure I am not a "shoe in" at this point.

My question is how should I respond to this. I personally feel like it is none of their business what I make now. If they have a certain salary they would like to pay then why not jut offer me that taking my experience into account. Would you answer? Is there a way I can politely say its none if your business??

I think I would respond with something like: I do not discuss salary with anyone but my employer. I am, however. Only considering opportunities that are providing a salary in the $x to $y range

(answering questions 1-4are, like talking to the police, questions which can only hurt, and can never help, you)

Also, I would hope that, if you have already told them what you want, that you stayed somewhat in the realm of the real world.

You current salary, any retirement or annuities that you are already receiving, are not anyone's business but yours.

I think I would respond with something like: I do not discuss salary with anyone but my employer. I am, however. Only considering opportunities that are providing a salary in the $x to $y range

(answering questions 1-4are, like talking to the police, questions which can only hurt, and can never help, you)

Also, I would hope that, if you have already told them what you want, that you stayed somewhat in the realm of the real world.

You current salary, any retirement or annuities that you are already receiving, are not anyone's business but yours.

Thanks for your input! I did stay in the realm of real world considering all benefits. I actually will be taking a paycut when you consider the side er work I do which I will have to stop b I will now be m-f instead I shift type schedule.

My husband says I just need to tell them but I think I will say something like "I would accept a salary in the range of y-z" and list all benefits expected. Then say "that is comparable to my current compensation with all benefits considered".

Dont want to be rude bc don't want to burn this bridge before I cross it but also don't want to shoot myself in the foot bc I feel like thy only ask so that they can offer me little over what I make now and perhaps not what they would have if it were higher.

Archived