Just graduated, looking to buy most recent salary report, all i see is 2010

AAPA says it's due out in fall of 2013. I don't know of anywhere else to get one. On the other hand, if you're an AAPA member the 2010 report is free. Free is always good.

Thanks. Would this be the best option to help me negotiate a fair deal, or is there another more up to date source people use?

I would use the 2010 and factor in inflation (2% per year is what I'd use). Beware: the office manager probably has something like the MGMA physician/PA salary survey that they use. It's a fairly decent breakdown, but the AAPA salary survey is quite a bit higher in some cases than the MGMA results. I have no idea of the N used to develop the MGMA, but the N is published as part of the AAPA salary survey. Good luck! Negotiations can be tricky; just make sure you don't take a lowball offer because that hurts every one of us, not just you.

I would use the 2010 and factor in inflation (2% per year is what I'd use). Beware: the office manager probably has something like the MGMA physician/PA salary survey that they use. It's a fairly decent breakdown, but the AAPA salary survey is quite a bit higher in some cases than the MGMA results. I have no idea of the N used to develop the MGMA, but the N is published as part of the AAPA salary survey. Good luck! Negotiations can be tricky; just make sure you don't take a lowball offer because that hurts every one of us, not just you.

Thanks. Yea, I dont plan in taking a lowball offer. I'll use the report and the fact that it's third shift to my/our advantage.... Assuming i get an offer, of course

Archived