Endocrinology

Any PA's in Endocrinology? I think it's an awesome field, and one that's intellectually stimulating, and extremely important. I've seen very few Endo positions for PA's. What are the day to day responsibilities of an Endo PA? Is it mostly DM all day, or do you get to see the cool Pituitary/Thyroid/Adrenal/Development stuff too? Any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Hey there.. I am currently a PA student, but will graduate in May 2011. I actually did 3 of my rotations with an endocrinologist and got offered a job there. You see mainly DM and hypothyroidism, but you also see a lot of hypogonadism, papillary cancer, osteoporosis, pituitary adenomas, MNG etc. My endocrinologist also did hospital rounds so I also saw a lot of DKAs. I'm actually in the process of negotiating a base salary and I don't think I would take less than 80k due to the amount of work and time I spend on the patients. Hope this helps! :)

Archived