Ever have a bad PA job? How did you survive? Or is it healthcare blues?

Hello colleagues!

I was interested in learning what others' experiences were concerning having a job you knew wasn't right for you. How long before you knew it wasn't right? How long did you feel you had to stay? What didn't you like about it?

i just started a new specialty after 7 years... But I'm afraid some of my job dissatisfaction is typical of any PA job: not enough training from SP, not being scheduled enough time for patient visits and being told to go faster, not having time to complete administrative tasks and finishing notes at home.... A growing hatred for pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies and prior auths. Is this your " typical healthcare blues?" Most of my time is spent in frustration than in feeling like I really make a difference. I do like specializing and am hoping that I just haven't found my right fit yet...

Hello colleagues!

I was interested in learning what others' experiences were concerning having a job you knew wasn't right for you. How long before you knew it wasn't right? How long did you feel you had to stay? What didn't you like about it?

i just started a new specialty after 7 years... But I'm afraid some of my job dissatisfaction is typical of any PA job: not enough training from SP, not being scheduled enough time for patient visits and being told to go faster, not having time to complete administrative tasks and finishing notes at home.... A growing hatred for pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies and prior auths. Is this your " typical healthcare blues?" Most of my time is spent in frustration than in feeling like I really make a difference. I do like specializing and am hoping that I just haven't found my right fit yet...

Hello colleagues!

Archived