What do you guys think of this? I need some help! Thanks in advance

I have done my GED and applied to kingsborough community college in NY. I am really passionate about becoming a PA! I'm 24 years old.

I am a bit confused about how this program works. They have a "pre-req pa" transfer option in this community college.

http://www.kbcc.cuny.edu/apdegree/pages/KCCBIO.aspx#PHYSICIANASS

That is the link. If you scroll down you will see where it says " Physician Assistant Transfer Option "

What exactly does this transfer option mean? Do I have to complete 4 years in a community college to apply to a PA school or do I have to complete 2 years at a community college before I apply to a 4 year school which offers the PA bachelor program?

If anyone knows or who has experienced doing a PA transfer option please let me know how it works! And how many years it takes for you to take the pre-reqs. Since I have my GED I am having difficulty applying to a 4 year college, but then again I came across this transfer program they offered at a community college.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

I have done my GED and applied to kingsborough community college in NY. I am really passionate about becoming a PA! I'm 24 years old.

I am a bit confused about how this program works. They have a "pre-req pa" transfer option in this community college.

That is the link. If you scroll down you will see where it says " Physician Assistant Transfer Option "

What exactly does this transfer option mean? Do I have to complete 4 years in a community college to apply to a PA school or do I have to complete 2 years at a community college before I apply to a 4 year school which offers the PA bachelor program?

If anyone knows or who has experienced doing a PA transfer option please let me know how it works! And how many years it takes for you to take the pre-reqs. Since I have my GED I am having difficulty applying to a 4 year college, but then again I came across this transfer program they offered at a community college.

The transfer option means that if you know that you want to be a PA then that's the requirement you need to complete to transfer to a 4yrs college to finish your degree as bio, for example, and then apply to a Master's. It could also means that the core classes to take to transfer to a dual degree program (BS/MS). Hope that helps

The transfer option means that if you know that you want to be a PA then that's the requirement you need to complete to transfer to a 4yrs college to finish your degree as bio, for example, and then apply to a Master's. It could also means that the core classes to take to transfer to a dual degree program (BS/MS). Hope that helps

Archived