PA-Physician agreement Doc/Contract/Billing

Hi All,

I need help and advice.

As of now I am still considering myself new grad with (4 mo of experience so far). Many things are still new to me not only in medicine but in other legal issue etc. I have been educating myself alot thru that forum which is wonderful !!! I which i have the brain of some of you in here :))) but i beleive it will take many many years :)))

I was planning on getting myself ready for OB residency which would have started somewhere at the end of this year (by that time working full time until i get answer for residency) but out of nowhere i get that phone call !!! He is a professor at USC. Used to do pancreas and kidney transplant but stopped in 2007. Now mainly IM/nephro and has a dialysis center, do hospital round and research.

I was referred to that doctor by a doc that i have met and chatted with couple time at hospital while working there and i believe i made a good impression on him.

So now after he met me he wants me to work with but he never worked with PA before. Since Obama care is targeted toward primary care and HMO he wants to grow on that path and wants also to increase his research base and add more protocols and need help. He basically told me I have an open door for you to grow anywhere you want ... either in research or in primary care (and will add family pack along the way) or if i want to learn dialysis and all about it and hosp round if i want.

So that is an open door to learn !!! any and everything.

Since he never employed PA before he asked me to lay down an offer/contract that would be good for me and he will show it to his lawyer and based on what he said will make it work for the benefit of both of us because he wants a long term relationship and per what he said want me to grow with him ... (i mean that sound too good to be true so we will see what happen)

He also asked me if I know anything on how billing work for PA ... but i dont ! the only thing that i know (correct me if i'm wrong) medical pays 85% for what they would pay a doc 100% ..

1. how can I educate him and myself on how to handle a PA in an office :)) .. legal things and documents/billing etc.

2. what to lay on that contract

3. what do you guys think :)

I found that document on google but it's kind of old (2008) .. should I included in the email that I will send him for the offer? He also asked me to included any legal document that we would have to sign together ... so will include a simple of delegation of agreement which i told him we will shape together to fit our practice.

http://www.pac.ca.gov/forms_pubs/sup_of_pa.pdf

any advice?

*i'm hoping that thread would also help other PA in the same situation.

Thank you in advice :)))

Archived