May end up needing a small private loan due to tax hiccup

Hello all. I am starting my PA program in June and have come into a problem that might affect my financial aid. My taxes this year were not processed in the usual 3 week time and when I contacted the IRS I was told that they have a problem with my form, likely with their new automated system, that will take about 2 months or longer for them to address. I need a copy of my Tax Return Transcript for my university financial aid office, which apparently can take weeks for me to receive after I order it. I'm not sure if that's standard or just because I reported a really low income on FAFSA since all I lived off of in 2012 was financial aid grants and federal GI bill benefits, which you don't report on FAFSA. Anyway, I have 6 months left of my GI bill so I should be okay without receiving a large amount of aid at first but I know I need a small loan for books, equipment and software, health insurance and care, etc. I'm still hoping the government loans will come through for me, but thought I should start looking into a private loan just in case.

Does anyone know of any good, low interest private student loans that I won't need to provide fully processed tax information to receive? I've never had a problem with my taxes before so I'm kind of frustrated and not sure what to do, and the financial aid department told me they can't process anything until they get the Tax Return Transcript.

Archived