Help with offer in Indiana PLEASE!

I have been working in the hospital with a GI group for one year. Prior to this I did a year in a small FM private practice. I was hired on as PT employee at $41/hour, 15 days PTO, $1000 CME, licensing fees paid, no other bennies. Not the best, but Indiana is not the best. When I was hired, I was supposed to work M,T,W,F 8-1p. These hours have of course steadily grown longer, and recently in my 4 days at work I have been averaging 27-30 hrs/week consistently.

Now they want me full time, I'm not thrilled with the offer. 78k, 5 days/wk, 8a-last consult at 4:30. In addition to seeing all inpatients and new hospital consults, they want me to see office patients as well, but will not give me my own office in the professional building, or any kind of personal space. I will have production quarterly bonus, and health benefits, plus 5 more days PTO.

I feel like the salary for the schedule they want should be more like 85,000, because I could easily see myself working 50 hrs weeks. I don't know AAPA stats for Indiana, and don't really want to pay for the report. Our office manager (who is a PA) said "most mid-levels make between 75-80k after a few years experience". I feel like this is low. I'm actually offended by this offer TBH. I am thinking of just flat turning it down and continuing to look for something new. I was offered a job with comparable bennies and a 4 day week with starting salary of 78k late last year, went in to meet with the manager to sign on the dotted line. In that meeting he asked when we were going to have another kid (SERIOUSLY!). :O_O: I got awkward and changed the subject. Got an email a week later resending the offer. WTF. As much as I don't want to work for jerks, that offer is looking more appealing compared to what my current employer just threw at me.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I am so emotionally exhausted thinking on this. I don't really know what to do. Any kind of advice appreciated.

Archived