Hydrocodone probably will be CII

Yes, I saw that, but did it get published in the newspaper that wrote inaccuracies about PAs, or did NPR put in a correction? PAs can feel good that the AAPA responded and let us know through the AAPA avenues. But, do the public who read the newspapers and listen to NPR know any different?

Paula, that will be up to NPR, and the NYT. This has been responded to from the AAPA as well as the PAFT. Numerous PAs posted on the NPR page, including myself. In the global scheme of things, the average patient neither saw, no cared about these articles. I wish I had a nickel for every inaccuracy about PAs and NPs that I have seen in the print media over 32 years. It hasn't made any difference that I can see. Patients only care about what you can do for them.

It is important to always respectfully push back against misinformation, but the important thing is protection of our scope of practice.

Archived