New Grad PA: Job Question

New Job Dilemma:

I’m a new grad starting a very autonomous position with a good salary and some training. Will see ~20-30 patients/day solo in an urgent care area with doc. support in main ED.

Nervous about this of course but just excited to finally be starting.

However, recently, after extensive phone interviews I was offered an interview for my dream job at a great teaching hospital. I would love this position and the learning environment/ support of seasoned PAs and training, but of course I cannot leave the new job that I am just starting.

I would appreciate any advice on what to do in this situation. I can't leave job A, however, I really want to at least look at job B since I would absolutely love to work there and believe I would have the training that is very much appreciated as a new grad.

My question is how to handle this situation. Is it okay to even go on this interview and can I be honest and tell them that I am starting a new position and/or possibly ask if they would consider a per diem position at the interview?

I am considering just being thankful for my current job and maybe looking to job B in the future. On the other side, I also don’t want to miss a shot for my dream job and maybe to make some connections as I would really like to work there at some point in my career and worked very hard to get this interview. And if they said yes to a per diem, I would take it in a second.

I don’t know what to do other than to be honest and ask for a per diem at this point….

Thank you and any advice/thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Archived