How do you work full time in PA programs without a part time job?!!

For graduate programs there are plenty of financial aid available. Most people use loans, such as Stafford (up to $20,500 per year), Grad Plus and/or private loans. I had a couple of classmates who worked part-time during the didactic year for extra money but that was the exception and isn't an option during clinical year.

Another really good option are military health professions scholarship programs. They pay your tuition, fees, books + a monthly stipend. There are also some private scholarships available and the national health service corps.

AW23602... are you pretty new to college? you sound kind of new to all of this. it might help to get your age and a little background of where you are coming from with some of your questions.

I am a senior in high school, age 17 and I want to get all the information I can ahead of time in preparation for the future.

I've heard that there is no time to work a part time job when you are in a PA program. How is this possible? Did you save up enough to support yourself for three years or did you only work in the summer?

PAMAC really answered everything perfectly, I just wanted to add one teeny detail... "summer break" does not exist in most (all?) PA programs, so there isn't an option to only work in the summer. When they say "full time," they really mean just that- you have quarters or semesters ALL year long separated by perhaps 1 or 2 week breaks. It's just like the rest of the real world after college, where the seasons will change but your work will continue. :)

Archived