Selection process

I asked this question in the Pre-Pa forum and then I realized that you guys would know better.

My name Joanna and recently I have been accepted to my top 2 schools. I'm waiting to here back from the others. I have a friend who applied to the same programs right on the deadline (Nov 1), while I applied Oct 1st. I have been interviewed by all of the schools I applied to within about 5 weeks of applying. My friend however hasn't heard a word from anyone. Now when you compare our stats he is significantly better than I am. I hold a 3.3 he holds a 3.7. I did 500 hours of shadowing, he has worked as an LPN for the last 5 years. He is a genuinely great person, a leader in school and a shoo-in for any spot once interviewed but still no calls.

So I have a couple of questions....

1) Do you think that I applied earlier so I was interviewed and accepted in an earlier batch and he may here from them in the next rounds?

2) Were any of you accepted pretty late compared to your peers?

Archived