PA Questionnaire

Hello All!

I'm currently a 1st year student and at the end of fall semester my program requires us to work in small groups and create a presentation about the PA profession. My group decided on comparing parameters (job satisfaction, independence, schedule, etc) between inpatient and outpatient PAs. We have developed a small questionnaire for PAs to fill out.

I was hoping some of you could take a few minutes of your time and fill out the questionnaire. It should take no more than about 10 minutes. Also, if you have any comments regarding the different roles PAs play in outpatient or inpatient settings, please feel free to comment at the end of the questionnaire. All responses are anonymous!

Below I copy and pasted the questionnaire. If you could copy and past that into a private message and send it to me that would be very much appreciated. We are trying to gather as much data as soon as possible so your quick responses would, again, be very much appreciated!

Thank you for your time!

Please answer the following questions regarding your position as a PA. Note your responses are anonymous.

PA Role

1. Please give a brief description of your role as a PA in the area of medicine you are currently practicing.

2. Are you inpatient, outpatient, or both?

Schedule

1. What does your average work week look like?

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]DAY OF THE WEEK

[/TD]

[TD]START TIME

[/TD]

[TD]END TIME

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]MONDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TUESDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]WEDNESDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]THURSDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]FRIDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SATURDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SUNDAY

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

2. On a scale of 0-5, how satisfied are you with your work schedule? 1 = very dissatisfied, 5 = very satisfied.

3. Do you ever take call? If so, how often?

4. Comments (optional):

Patient Population

1. On a scale of 1-5: In general, do you enjoy working with your patient population? 1 = very dissatisfied, 5 = very satisfied.

2. On a scale of 1-5: are you generally satisfied with the level of follow-up you have with your patients? 1= I wish I didn’t see as much follow up, 3 = neither agree or disagree, 5 = I wish I had more follow up capacity with my patients.

3. Comments (optional):

Stress Level

1. On a scale of 1-5: how would you rate the stress level of your job? 1 = no stress, 5 = extremely stressful.

2. On a sale of 1-5: does this stress level negatively impact your job satisfaction? 1 = greatly impacts job satisfaction, 5 = does not impact job satisfaction.

3. Comments(optional):

Independence

1. On a scale of 1-5: how independently are you able to function in relation to the physicians you work with? 1 = little independence, 5 = very independent

2. On a scale of 1-5: do you wish you had more or less independence? 1 = wish I had less, 3 = I am happy with my level of independence, 5 = I wish I had more independence

3. Comments (optional):

Personal Life

1. On a scale of 0-5: do you feel you have enough time for your personal hobbies/pursuits? 1 = I have very little time, 5 = I have as much time as I would like

2. Has your work schedule/stress negatively impacted your family or personal life? 1 = not at all, 5 = greatly impacted.

3. Comments(optional):

Archived