Does it make sense to apply for certifications in two different states?

I will be graduating PA school in December 2024. I currently live in WV and attend school in VA. My driver's license is WV. I am from NC. My partner is currently applying for her dream job and if she got it we would move to Indianapolis and I'd have to search for a job there. If not, we would move back to NC where I already have a job lined up with the ER group I used to scribe for. I really want to cut down on any "dead" time where I have gotten a job but am waiting for certifications so I was wondering if it's worthwhile to start the application process in both states for certification. Hopefully my partner will know about this job within the next two months but I'm not sure how long it will take and would rather be on the safe side. Any thoughts or suggestions in regard to this?

My vote is to not apply for any license unless you will use it.

If you proceed, be prepared to carry that extra license and pay for it if you don't end up using it. Otherwise, you will need to let it lapse or put it on standby, which will be a headache to reactivate or explain the lapse.