NHSC Loan Repayment Program

Question for those that did/are doing the "NHSC Loan Repayment Program”

I just got hired on at a FQHC/qualifying site a couple days ago. The deadline for the NHSC loan repayment application is May 9th, so I'm really pushing it, but that's just how things played out. I applied for my state license on 01/17/24 and it's still "under review." I called the medical board and basically begged them to get my license to me because I need it to apply for this loan program. A few hours after leaving the voicemail, I noticed they sent it to quality assurance for review but it still states on there it can take up to 15 business days which would realllllly be pushing it close to the deadline (basically the last day to apply). I already have everything filled out on the application and in place of my license document I have an email from the NCCPA stating that I'm certified, my ID number, and the date it's valid until. 

My question is, if for some reason I don't get my license in time can I apply for it with just my certification?  It states online under program eligibility requirements you must "have a current, full, permanent, unencumbered, unrestricted health professional license, certificate, or registration in the discipline in which they are applying to serve." So technically I have my certificate just not my license yet.  

I did call the NHSC and ask for some clarification, but I didn't really get any from the lady helping me. Basically she said "no you need your license to apply" but then I asked if my certification would suffice until my license comes in and she said "i'm not sure it would need your ID number and how long it's valid until" which I told her my email from the NCCPA has that. That's when I told her I was going to call the medical board and try to expedite my license which I did. 

So, I'm still not sure. I plan on calling the NHSC again tomorrow. But I was just curious if anyone on here was able to use their certification instead of their license and got approved? I really hate that I might not get the chance to be awarded any money all because my license is taking forever. 

TLDR; can you apply for the NHSC loan repayment program with only your certificate if you're still waiting on your state license to be approved?