Navy HSCP 2023

Hello,

Just wondering if any of y'all have applied for Navy HSCP for fy 2023 and have heard back yet. I think the boards were supposed to take place March/April. My recruiter is great at communication and told me he'd let me know when he heard something, but just wondering if anyone has heard anything. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, unicorn457 said:

I just started speaking with a recruiter about this program. Last Thursday he told me that decisions still have not been made for FY23. Can you guys give me some pointers/tips on the application process? TYIA

My recruiter called and told me I got accepted and then I found out later that I guess I'm ranked below the quota for the year. 

My advice would be to get started on the process as early as possible, as there are a lot of steps involved. Also, it's hard to find good info but here is probably the best website that I found that explains most details of the HSCP https://navalofficerrecruiter.com/navy-hscp-health-services-collegiate-program/

Also, it's an 8 year long contract in total, not 3 as a lot of people say. 3 years active duty minimum is required and the other 5 can be reserves if you want out of active duty after 3 years

Edited by ARpa1

2 hours ago, ARpa1 said:

My recruiter called and told me I got accepted and then I found out later that I guess I'm ranked below the quota for the year. 

My advice would be to get started on the process as early as possible, as there are a lot of steps involved. Also, it's hard to find good info but here is probably the best website that I found that explains most details of the HSCP https://navalofficerrecruiter.com/navy-hscp-health-services-collegiate-program/

Also, it's an 8 year long contract in total, not 3 as a lot of people say. 3 years active duty minimum is required and the other 5 can be reserves if you want out of active duty after 3 years

My recruiter definitely told me 3 years and it just didn’t sound right (part of the reason I’m on the forum getting advice from people who’ve been accepted). 

Would you mind explaining what you mean by “ranked below the quota?

16 hours ago, unicorn457 said:

My recruiter definitely told me 3 years and it just didn’t sound right (part of the reason I’m on the forum getting advice from people who’ve been accepted). 

Would you mind explaining what you mean by “ranked below the quota?

Yeah, I dont know the exact details but I know the gist.

Basically, each year the Navy has a certain amount of $ it can spend on HSCP. So, there isn't a set amount of scholarships available each year. It sounds like there are 30 for this year. But apparently that can change even for this year still. So, when I said "ranked below the quota" I just meant that I was ranked below 30 lol

The Navy also used to do the HPSP but I guess this year they weren't even taking applications for it