Thoughts on current salary

Currently working at internal medicine practice in SoFlo. Signed a 3 yr contract, ending in 2024. Salary is 105k, will renew at 110k this year. Debating if I should renew contract next yr or start looking elsewhere. Each year contract is to increase by 5k.  Schedule M-F, on call one weekend once a month. average 15-20 PPD, manageable and I actually like my work. Benefits are limited, 10 days PTO, 6 holidays, CME, no insurance or 401k offered. Reasons for moving mainly as I want a higher salary d/t price of inflation, loans repayment, also not a fan of the area. Thoughts?

From what I know, and I am assuming "SoFlo" means South Florida, you are compensated fairly well. Not sure how long you have been in practice, but I would pivot and try for more time off as opposed to increasing the salary. Especially if you are automatically getting a $5k increase/year. This is fairly unique and I am thinking a lot of readers of your post would be jealous. 

No insurance or 401k sucks. Benefits can equal around 20% of salary, so instead of 105 you're making more like 90 as it would cost around 15k if you were ever need to buy your own insurance or fund your own retirement. Don't forget that 401k compounds, so you're missing out on some serious money 30 years from now. 

• Like 1