Question for the Experienced PA's Out there

Hello all, I graduated PA school last summer and am about to make 1 year at my current job working for a Urology dept. in a NYC hospital. One of my attendings mentioned that he would like me to work for him part time, about 12 hours/week in his private practice. We have not gotten to the point of discussing pay and I was wondering what I should expect or ask to make on an hourly basis. Thanks! Angelina

As this would most likely be a 1099 position i(ndependent contractor), in which he is saving approximately 15-20% / hour of his salary cost to you ( no benefits, no 7.25 % FICA match, no workmans comp contribution etc), and you are in NYC, I would say $65-68/hr sounds about right.

As this would most likely be a 1099 position i(ndependent contractor), in which he is saving approximately 15-20% / hour of his salary cost to you ( no benefits, no 7.25 % FICA match, no workmans comp contribution etc), and you are in NYC, I would say $65-68/hr sounds about right.

Thanks for the input...this is definitely why I posted this. I didn't even consider the fact that he doesn't have to pay me any benefits! Still learning the ropes, much appreciated!

Archived