Practice Being Sold

Anyone ever work for a practice that was sold? All signs indicate that my SP is considering selling, including the unannounced addition of an assignment clause in my employment contract (which I have not yet signed). Neither the boss or his wife (yes...wife) have mentioned anything to me or any of the other staff members but it's pretty apparent that change is afoot. Anyone else worked for a practice that sold or been in any similar situation? I'm looking for guidance as I navigate these very murky waters.... Thanks!

Start looking for another job. Now.

Have a sit down, face to face with your sp,. And do not not believe him.

The truth is that there is very little you can do if he sells... You are considered a clinic employee, and the new owner may or may not want you. But if he is selling and has not told you ( for whatever reason, including hiding negotiations from competing clinics or hospitals) he is diminishing your position and increasing the likelihood of being out of a job at an inconvienent time.

Only exception is that he may be incorporating or merging with a local hospital as part of an ACO strategy... And te hospital probably would keep the clinic personnel intact ... Still, by not telling you and trusting you to keep your mouth shut for corporate reasons, you are at risk.

Resumes out. Network ASAP. Get a back up plan.

Your gut is telling you something's up. And, unless you are more paranoid than the usual bear, your gut is usually right.

Archived