Applying to Jobs before graduation.

Hello,

I graduate this coming November and I've applied to multiple jobs in multiple states but it seems like most employers want someone that can start relatively sooner. I was told to start applying at least 5 months before graduation by a multitude of people. Should I be worried at all or just wait until closer to graduation? I have no outside financial support and have been on my own since undergrad with no real job or career prior to starting school and am worried about not having a job lined up prior to graduation.

Edited by sierra117
add

My personal experience was that in my field, EM, employers didn't really have any interest in me until I had passed PANCE and they knew I would be able to be licensed.  It was a stressful time.  I graduated from PA school in early July and didn't start work until mid October, about 3.5 months after graduation.  I believe I took PANCE in early-mid August.  I went  back to working PT as a firefighter/paramedic to keep some money coming in during the interval.