PANCE Background Question - Dismissed Charge

I am currently a PA student finishing up my rotations and went to register for the PANCE, but am unsure how to appropriately answer the second background question.

I was charged with a misdemeanor four years ago that never went to trial. This charge was the biggest regret of my life and I do not feel as though it reflects my current character or ability to care for patients.

The charge was dismissed and expunged from my record. I was not required to disclose this information previously on CASPA since they only ask about convictions and I was never convicted. Therefore, I did not plead guilty and was never found guilty. Due to the terminology used I am unsure if I can answer no for the following question:

"Do not include any actions that were resolved before your entry into your PA educational program or previously reviewed by NCCPA.

During the period between November 17, 2002 and today's date, have you been convicted of, or entered a plea of guilty, nolo contendere, or no contest to, a crime in any jurisdiction (including under the Uniform Code of Military Justice and/or any international jurisdiction)? Include all misdemeanors and felonies, even if the court withheld adjudication so that you would not have a record of conviction. Must be reported: Any adverse legal action within 30 days of conviction of (including a guilty plea or no contest plea) (i) any felony; (ii) any misdemeanor related to health care practice, violence, drug offenses, sex offenses, or fraud; or (iii) any other misdemeanor with a minimum penalty of more than 30 days in jail, except for traffic infractions, first-time DUI offenses, disorderly conduct, obscenity, tax violations, or trespassing.

Yes or No"

Any recommendations at this time would be greatly appreciated! I am unsure if I should just call the NCCPA customer service or attempt to pay for a lawyer for further clarification. I do not know what kind of lawyer I would even need to talk to.

Edited by anon2020
add info

• 2 months later...