Planning electives..

I will be (fingers crossed) starting didactic at a new program in January 2022.  We only have 2 elective rotations if I remember correctly.  My dream is to be a CT surgery PA.  I have a friend who worked for one of the large hospital systems in our state w/ a hospital located less than 10 mins from my home.  She knows the MD director of this program is looking for new PAs to fill spots at my location.  Is it too soon to reach out to him and introduce myself and ask my program if I could do my elective rotation there? It's a different system than the program I am in will utilize for rotations.  However, this program I am interested in has a PA school of it's own, that I have applied to but haven't heard anything back yet, so they do take PA students.

I realize minds can be changed while going through rotations; however, I've been in healthcare for almost 20 years now and know for sure which specialties I absolutely do not want to work in and know for sure CT surgery is my first choice for an elective rotation.