University loses accredidation

I’m fighting off discouragement due to the recent news about Mountain State University having their regional accreditation yanked a few days ago. I got my acceptance letter in March 2012. They admitted me without a bachelor’sdegree; however I had to take Human Bio and Ochem 2(I got A's in both). I’m applying to Alderson-Broaddus through CESPA in the next few days. My grades are: Chem1 C, Chem2 A, Ochem 1 B, Ochem 2 A, Bio 1 B, Micro B, Statistics A,A&P 1&2 A, Human Bio A. I’m going to have to finish my bachelor’sdegree in 2 semesters and take the GRE hoping they offer me provisional acceptance.:saddd: <o:p></o

<o:p>I’m 33 years old and don't like having to deal with the reapplication process. My HCE is limited to 100 hous of PA shadowing, a Phlebotomy certificate, and 500 volunteer hours. Does anyone have any advice? Should I write on my personal statement that I was matriculated into a program that got shut down a month before I was going to begin? MSU did not require CESPA or GRE.</o

I feel so bad for the students who are currently in MSU's PA Program. These students were recently notified that if they cannot graduate by December 2012, then they are not to register for Fall classes. The program director is currently working with the ARC-PA to see where they can go from here. Other programs are being contacted to see if they can take the students, but I don't feel that this is a viable option. I was luckily a part of the last graduating class, but now I have to deal with the stigma that goes along with graduating from a University which just lost its accreditation. As far as the personal statement goes, I don't think mentioning the catastrophe will do you much good, as it will look like you are only settling for AB as a last option. Have you looked into University of Charleston or West Liberty University? They are both opening brand-new programs in the wonderful State of West Virginia!! Also, you have to make sure these universities will accept transfer credits from MSU.. There are some that aren't. If I was you, I would be working diligently to get more hands on patient contact in another venue besides volunteering. Perhaps working as a phlebotomist would satisfy. I'm not quite sure. Good luck!!!

Archived