Diabetes Group Visit

Have you participated as the provider in Diabetes Group Visits? I'm doing a rotation at a clinic that is just now developing them. I'm curious what experiences have been like out there. I'm doing a lot of research on them at the moment, but would appreciate any other resources. This is a federally qualified clinic, so it is for low-income folks, many on Medicaid (only 12 visits) a year. Do you have separate "visits" after the group visit to bill for the activity (my understanding is can't bill for a group visit). Any advice is appreciated!

Have you participated as the provider in Diabetes Group Visits? I'm doing a rotation at a clinic that is just now developing them. I'm curious what experiences have been like out there. I'm doing a lot of research on them at the moment, but would appreciate any other resources. This is a federally qualified clinic, so it is for low-income folks, many on Medicaid (only 12 visits) a year. Do you have separate "visits" after the group visit to bill for the activity (my understanding is can't bill for a group visit). Any advice is appreciated!

Archived