Passing the PANCE

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to give my two cents on how I passed the pance on the first try. Prior to taking the test I read all the posts in regards to people who failed and in a way it freaked me out a lot. In my opinion the test was the most similar to the EOR and packrat and less like rosh. What helped me the most is that a month out I used pance prep, first aid USMLE, and Amboss to gather my information on each topic paying special attention to preventions and most/least likely questions. Then after completing a module i would do rosh questions and read the explanations and those bonus questions. About a week out from my test date I did the NCCPA which put in me in low green area and freaked me out a bit. I then did the ROSH mock tests ( Highly recommend them) and the rosh power pack questions ( i personally liked them but i think they were slightly easy). I then reviewed all my notes on each topic afterwards. I was able to only finish 1000+ questions on rosh due to lack of time but if you start studying earlier I think its a good idea. 

When taking the test I think some questions were very easy while others i would be able to narrow it down to two answers. I think if you dont know the answer for sure then  just chose an answer flag it and dont waste time on it! You can come back at the end and review them. NEVER change answers in my opinion cause the ones I did, I changed them to the wrong answer- I had told myself this prior to going in but in the moment didnt listen! 

Hope these tips helped! 

PS for amboss i wouldn't pay for it. I usually just type in a topic then add USMLE next to it and amboss usually pops up in the first few google searches! Its a very good site to get info quickly and very organized! 

• Upvote 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...