Any Navy Reservists Willing to Chat?

Hello Fellow PAs,

I have a list of clarification type questions I'm hoping to have answered regarding the Navy Reserves.

Background:

When I was in PA school almost a decade ago I applied for the HSPS scholarship but withdrew my application to pursue an Emergency Medicine post graduate residency at J.H. Stroger/Cook County Hospital. After completing the residency, I've been working full time in an urban ED AND as an adjunct professor for my local PA program. I find myself somewhat burned out in my current job and was looking for a "part time" position in the military as a PA.  I've always wanted to be a part of the military and something "bigger" than myself. It is my belief that serving in a reserve capacity would be a smart choice for my career.

I was able to pay off my students loans 2 years ago; therefore, this is not a factor in my desire to serve in the Navy Reserves.  The Air National Guard unit closest to my geographical location does not have any open positions. The closest Air Force Reserve billet is in another state (5 hours drive). The Navy Reserve seems like the best fit.

I've found my Navy medical recruiter helpful, but wanted to hear about Navy Reserve service straight from a PA in the reserves. I've read most of the messages re: the reserves on this message board but wanted to discuss more before I sign on that dotted line. Let me know if you can help me.

Thanks!