Bright, eager Emory PA-S seeks clinical rotation opportunities in Southern California

What a wild ride didactic phase has been- exciting, intense, even excruciating at times but, all and all, a deeply gratifying and transformative experience that I will never forget! I have learned so much, and while I can hardly believe it, in just a few months from now, I will be putting all my new knowledge and skills into practice, as I embark upon clinical year. While living on the East Coast has been a great experience, I sorely miss my home, gorgeous, sunny, Southern California. I would really love to complete two or three elective rotations back there, since it is where I plan to return and practice, upon graduation and certification. If anyone can suggest any leads or offer any advice or support on finding potential clinical rotation opportunities in SoCal in any area of practice- but especially Dermatology, Pediatrics, OB/GYN or Psychiatry- starting anytime from November 2012 and on, I would be forever grateful. Thanks so much in advance for anything you can contribute! All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

You might try to contact USC or Stanford's PA programs to talk about a student exchange with their affiliated hospitals. Other than that, get the requirements for a preceptor from your program and start calling. A few of my friends did that and were able to set up rotations. Good luck :)

Archived