Austin PA jobs for new grad

Hello,

My name is Mary Evelyn Schuwerk, and I will be graduating from PA school in August 2019. I am seeking advice on how to search/obtain my first PA job in Austin, specifically in areas of Internal Medicine or Dermatology. I have been using Indeed to seek out and apply for positions, but find there aren't many relevant opportunities. Any and all advice much appreciated.

As a native Texan I am very much looking forward to returning home to join my family in Austin and begin my new career as a PA.

Thank you.

Mary Evelyn Schuwerk
LinkedIn Profile: Mary Evelyn Schuwerk, PA-S, MPH

Edited by mschuw
update message

• 2 weeks later...

I am a native texan as well who graduated from PA school in Chicago. I tried applying to several positions in Austin over the course of 3 months but couldn't even land a phone interview so I decided to take a job in California instead to gain some experience and then reapply in Austin. Unfortunately, Austin seems to be one of the most competitive cities in the nation with an avrg of 90 applicants (with experience) applying to every open position there. That's what indeed was telling me anyways.