Distance education programs

Hi everyone - I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I live in Wisconsin and am looking for PA programs that offer a distance education option or a clinical year in which I can choose the preceptor sites. My family is against relocating, and our home is not selling. I am willing to travel for the first year classroom , coming home on weekends or every other weekend, but I am hoping to get clinical sites in Wisconsin. I have a wide range of preceptor options withing driving distance. I have tried to read every programs information and some are not very clear on how clinical sites are determined. I also know that Madison offers a 3 yr distance option. If anyone has a better way for me to dicipher which programs will work with me for clinical sites, other than calling each one, i would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks!

Stacey

Guest hubbardtim48

Look into University of North Dakota. You have your on preceptor, you do 1 week at UND the first two semesters, then the entire second year you go to UND for 3-5 weeks for a total of 3 times and then one final time (3 weeks) for graduation. Check out the website and it will make more sense, but you do have to have 3 years minimum of HCE (have to have a licensure i.e, RN, RT, OT, PT, etc...). Good luck!

Archived