limitations of a disability

Hello all. I am a prePA and wanted feedback from you pros as to limitations you may see for me down the road. I am pretty sure I have myotonic MD. Right now I just have trouble with stairs and inclines, sometimes hard to use arms for strength. I ann determined to be successful and wasn't to practice in a clinic. Not sure of specialty. I was just curious outside of surgery which I have no in, would I be limited by this? What about if I were to need a wheelchair or walker st some point? Thank you for your time .I hope to be able to call you all colleagues at some point

First off I would like to wish you all the best. I have found that the proffession requires a lot of standing and walking especially if you were to work in a hospital. That being said, you may find a clinic or office that is adapted for you. As long as you are capable of physically performing a physical exam and have no restrictive sensory deficits, then I don't feel that you should have problems practicing. Best of luck and always follow you dreams.:=D:

Archived