Yearly Collections?

Hi everyone,

I'm a first year student interested in dermatology, and was trying to feel for incentive/productivity bonuses. How much $ are you currently generating in collections each year? I did some searching and saw that someone said you could expect between $80-$100 per patient, but was hoping to get something a little more concrete. How much does this number change from year to year, roughly? Was it slow starting out before you had built a reliable patient base? What kind of clinic do you work in? Medical only, cosmetic only, or mixture of both? Finally, what kind of bonuses are you getting? I've seen people throw out numbers from anywhere between 5-50%, so obviously this is going to be highly variable.

I know that's a lot, but I'd really appreciate everyone's insight. The whole productivity bonus is a new concept for me so I'm trying to wrap my head around it as best I can.

Archived