Taking PANCE after being out of practice >10 years.

I am a 1996 graduate of a PA program. I was a PA-C for 10 years and worked 8 of them. I had kids, got busy, but now want to get back to my first love. I realize I must retake the PANCE. Has anyone here on the forum gone through or is currently in the same situation?  There is a plethora of info for first timers just graduating or recertifiers currently in practice. I haven’t practiced in 15 years. I do keep up with reading but haven’t logged CME’s in 10 years. To make matters worse I currently live in Arkansas which has a huge NP presence. Licensure is a series of hoops. You actually have to have your supervising physician go with you to Little Rock’s medical board and they ask your SP if he has seen you do various procedures. If he has not well, you are not able to perform those procedures. NP’s are licensed through nursing board not Medical board so they have a huge scope of practice.

Anywho, anybody out there with advice?

I am planning on taking an online prep then doing these qbank questions. Lots of help here on what to use to get ready for PANCE I’m just concerned my knowledge may be lacking due to the time out of practice. 

Appreciate it. 

Archived