Opinion Wanted - TeachMeChest.com

I'm a PA student at one of the larger east coast programs.  After witnessing a series of pretty nasty events related to line placement, ET/NG placement, aspiration, and even cardiac conduction device (pacemaker) placement all of which could have been prevented with accurate (and TIMELY!) interpretation of a basic one view chest x-ray. I have started the process of trying to convince my program director to pay for a subscription to TeachMeChest.com.  

I looked at several sites (mostly free), and one or two CE products to learn to read CXRs.  There were all pretty much the same stuff, real vague overviews without any really helpful details or practical advice.  From talking to other PAs - even those with 10+ years experience, it seems almost no one is actually comfortable reading a chest-x-ray.  It seems so crazy to me since it's such a common test. 

Anyway, TeachMeChest.com was recommended to me by a friend who is a Radiology Resident.  It is definitely the best thing available.  It has a ton of great lectures, (like 30+) and they actually build on each other in a coherent way. Plus, it has a PACS build into the website with practice cases and readout videos.  So, you can actually practice reading the cases.

So, I need a favor.  They offer a free 7 day trial. Please sign up and try it and post your opinions below.  I'm hoping that if I get enough data here I can convince my PD to get the money to sponsor our class and the junior class.

Thanks

-S

Archived