ER job offer

I am trying to choose between two ER jobs. I'm a recent grad who has 3 months of part time ER (fast track) experience. I am looking for something full time.

My first offer is part time ER $50/hr; I am not sure what the benefits are right now. I will be getting paperwork next week explaining them. There is a 6 mo evaluation with a potential increase in hourly wage depending on job performance.

The second offer is part time ER $40/hr. After 4 months I will be given a full time job at the hospital with benefits like health insurance, etc. In this ER the PAs see fast track and main ER patients. All patients will be discussed with the ER doc. The ER Doc is required to see all patients the PA sees.

I think I should go with the second job because it will eventually be a full time position. The hospital is also in a nicer/safer neighborhood. However, there is a slight pay difference. Let me know what you guys think.

Archived