Is it ok to cancel RSVP to program open house?

Hi,

A new PA program at Ohio Dominican University in Columbus, OH is having an open house on Feb. 7th. I RSVP'd and said that I would go. Now I don't know if I can make it b/c of money (I live in Dallas). Would I look bad if I cancelled my RSVP?? I really would like to go, but I don't know if I can. I'm moving to OH soon. That's why I'm interested in the program.

Thanks.

Fiscal responsibility is a quality my school asked about during interview. They wanted to know how my family and I were going to be while I was not working. The school doesn't want you making poor financial decisions. Open houses are designed to garner a lot of attention to the school, not decide who would be a good candidate. If you can't afford it, I wouldn't go. Save that money for your move.

Hey I'm in Dallas too. Well the area. Shout out!

Anyway, cancel that for sure. You would spend so much money just to go see the school! I had to apply blindly to all my programs and I just checked them out when I went to interview. That alone will cost you enough. Going to open house won't help anything but your opinion of the school. Cancel cancel cancel (don't just no show though that's unprofessional).

Archived