Peds rotation

The First Aid series is good (not sure if there is a peds one, but if there is, then it is probably sufficient for your rotation and rotation exam).

Any PANCE review book would probably work. A Comprehensive Review by Babcock is good, and PANCE Prep Pearls is a good review (but probably not the best to initially learn about conditions because it is very shorthand). The Harriet Lane Handbook is a highly regarded reference for pediatrics, but is about $40-50. I am fairly against buying references for specific rotations, as I just don't have that kind of cash as a student. My preference is to simply look up each topic on the internet. I like Medscape and Merck Manuals as free online references. UpToDate is a great reference that costs money, but you may have free access to it through your school library or somewhere else - ask around. The Bright Futures website has information on the developmental milestones and such, and the CDC provides immunization information, both of which are free.

If you take the end of rotation exams provided by the PAEA then I would not stress too much. In my opinion, it was the second easiest exam (after psych).

Archived