Interview date/time conflict- what would you do?

I was invited for an interview and potential employer gave me two dates options for an interview. Unfortunately, I have to work on those two days (and I am free the rest of the week). Do you think it is OK to explain to him my situation, ask for alternative dates. I was also planning to tell that this interview is very important to me and if there are no alternative dates, I would try to arrange something with my manager.

What do you guys think? Have you ever been in similar situation (either as an interviewer or interviewee)?

thanks

I think that it is perfectly approprite to call and say something like "I am very interested in x position, however I am scheduled to work on the two dates you offered. Would it be possible to schedule the interview for x or x day? If this is not possible, I will take a personal/vacation day and interview on x day."

I've had to do this several times and it has never backfired on me. It also shows that you take your commitment to your current job seriously, even though you plan to leave.

Archived